March 25, 2020
Kids At Home Activities
How Many Times Can You Play Chutes & Ladders Before You Want to KILL YOURSELF? Thanks to this damned virus, a huge percentage of the world is stuck at home. As gay men, we almost certainly have, readily available in our home, wigs, size-10 stilettos, and all the other things necessary to play dress-up (oh, and sure, the kids can come too). But eventually even that wears thin. Here is an excellent list of other things to do at home with your kids during this crazy time…
Help us continue to build this community resource by sending us your recommendation.
- “30 Days of Us” Project: Family bonding, one question at a time.
- Make and Play this Life-Size Indoor Board Game
- The Floor is Lava is One of the Kids’ All-time Favorite
- Make a Time Capsule
Move Your Body
- Go Noodle – Exercise and Dance for kids
- Dance Party – Ben & Adam’s Video Playlist
- Laundry Basket Skee Ball (with Ball Pit Balls)
- Glow in the Dark Bowling
- Indoor Hopscotch using Painter’s Tape
- Did you download the Daddy Squared Gay Divas Coloring Book? Let your kids color Madonna, Cher, Beyonce and Kylie!
- Colorations: Art activities resource page
- LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems (Yes! from the Elephant & Piggy series)
- Make a Simple Duct Tape Bracelet
- Fun Food Play Dough Mats
- DIY Fairy Glow Jars
- Cotton Swabs Painting Project
- Secret Message Activity for kids
- Famous Museums’ Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch
- 33 National Parks offer virtual tours (this awesomeness is made possible by Google Earth)
- Virtual Field Trips to San Diego Zoo, Canadian Farm Field and Mars!
Cars and Airplains
- The Peterson Automotive Museum Video Content and stories
- Giant Paper Airplane
- Make a Felt Car Play Mat
- Toilet Paper Rolls Cars Craft
- Storytime from Space! Take Me To Your Leader
- Skype a Scientist gives students the opportunity to get to know a “real scientist”.
- ScienceFlix digital platform helps kids acquire scientific knowledge, and build a lasting interest in science, technology, and engineering.
- Make a Balloon Rocket
- Do the Balloon Fizz Science Experiment
- Easy Science Experiments for Kids
- Homemade Lava Lamp Experiment for Kids
- Mindfulness Class for Kids 30 minutes of mindfulness interactive activities for kids such as mindful eating, movement, and more
- Learn Magic Tricks for Kids
- Highlights Kids: Activities, hidden pictures games and explore
- At-Home Learning PBS SoCal and KCET, in partnership with LAUSD and in collaboration with California PBS stations, are offering broadcast programming and accompanying digital resources.
- Art-And-Play Activity Guide for Learning at Home
- Switch Zoo – Play and Learn about animals
- Nat Geo Kids – Geography and nature studies for kids
- Into The Book – Learn to read
- ABCya.com – Reading and math through play
- Fun Brain – Reading and math skills
- Starfall – readalong books
- Storyline – Stories read by movie stars